Not always bad service from all sellers!

spuds 12:03 27 Oct 2014
Answered

People often complaint about poor services and support, and I would admit I am no exception, and perhaps rightly so in most cases.

But the other day there was a question of the forum that led to further things, including me making a number of purchases from the company in question. Not only did I get an instant download links and code keys to the products that I had purchased, but I also requested a custom built dvd/cd of the full set of items in question.

Today, about seven days since purchase (no post Sunday), I received the custom built dvd/cd produced and dispatched from Germany. To me, you cannot ask better than that. Not only do I have access to the downloads, but also the dvd/cd should anything go wrong.

Name of the company Ashampoo/Cleverbridge, who I have had previous free product downloads in the past. Which I have found very good to use.

Link to other PCA forum question click here

rdave13 18:27 27 Oct 2014

I've used Ashampoo's Burning Studios for years and usually get the latest version cheaper. OK. you'll get a few emails for newer products now and again but I wouldn't class as spam as you can unsubscribe if you wish. One of the better companies in my humble opinion. Just to be clear Ashampoo is a client of cleverbridge which is an E-commerce company. In this link there is an interesting case study of how they worked with Malwarebytes. It's a PDF file.

BT 11:03 28 Oct 2014

Serif also give you an instant access to a download of any software you purchase, and the DVD arrives in the post a few days later.

spuds 11:26 04 Nov 2014

I am now wondering if my praise was a little premature.

The custom built dvd/cd will not download onto two computer's that I have tried it on. Apparently the Avast anti-virus program on both computer's are blocking the download, due to a virus being suspected on the disc.

Been in touch with Cleverbridge who have referred me back to Ashampoo. Awaiting their response using the Ashampoo priority support I subscribed to.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?