Norton subscription renewal

reddwarfcrew 09:35 24 Apr 2004

My subscription for antivirus and firewall is about to expire, does anyone know how much it will cost to renew both (the symantec website won't load the appropriate page at the moment).

Cheers.

ch0pper 09:37 24 Apr 2004

and I seem to recall that it was about $18 or so.

Smallus Minimus 10:15 24 Apr 2004

I renewed for my PC via Symantec website last year which cost ?25 to ?30 and took ages to get through to the right webpages and then weeks to arrive after ordering!
I bought another copy of same for notebook a few weeks ago from Ebay. It cost less than ?20 and took less than 24 hours to arrive! Haven't got the seller's details to hand just now, but will find them for you if you're interested.

spuds 11:09 24 Apr 2004

Why use Norton and pay for it, when you can get and use ZoneAlarm and AVG or others for free!.

wee eddie 11:42 24 Apr 2004

automatic updates

byfordr 16:08 24 Apr 2004

click here start again with this years, or pickup last years with a years update for a bargain price.

R

anchor 17:21 24 Apr 2004

Or here

click here

Or here (even cheaper!!)

click here

squillary 19:12 27 Apr 2004

Zonealarm well-known incompatibilities are enough for me to avoid it. Can't bring myself to trust freebie antivirus software either (on a get-what-you-pay-for basis).

Best thing about Symantec is that if you own ANY one product and register it, you are entitled to any OTHER product at just the upgrade price. The upgrade product is ALWAYS the full product. Physical product is SAME price as downloaded product. I owned basic firewall and just upgraded to NIS Pro that way.

Also their delivery system is rubbish. They sent me NSW Pro & NIS Pro next day. A week later they said it was out of stock. Sent both again, but because they'd arrive after my sub ran out they sent AGAIN by next day delivery (discs only, but with activation keys). As it happens, the first duplicate despatch really didn't arrive, so they had to send full product again! 4 copies of both, just for one upgrade price (even though one genuinely didn't arrive).

Using one set now. Sold another set on the weekend. Still got the disks-only set. Genuine. Anyone want to buy them off me cheap! :) Also NSW and NPF 2003 old versions as well :))

Lead 22:58 02 May 2004

Have you tried un-installing it and then re-installing it?

OU812 15:42 30 May 2004

If you have the 2003 version (as I do of NIS) you should find that if you uninstall and then re-install, and then carry an automatic update, you get a whole year of updates for free.

I came across this happy set of circumstances after reinstalling NIS2003 on a fresh install of XP Pro.

Its also dscussed in this thread here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?