Norton AntiVirus

lilythepink 20:08 12 Nov 2006

I have bought Norton for my desktop, do I have to buy another for my laptop, or will I be able to download it again.

any info?

Belatucadrus 22:12 12 Nov 2006

Read the end user license carefully, some anti virus permits the installation of a secondary copy on a laptop. You're not supposed to run both machines at the same time, but I've no idea how anybody would attempt to enforce that.

Kate B 22:32 12 Nov 2006

Use AVG instead - it's free, excellent and much less of a drain on the PC's resources. click here

Jimmy14 23:43 12 Nov 2006

that was an irrelevant post. Would you buy software then ditch it for a freeby? I certainly wouldn't, especially ditching something like Norton for AVG.

gudgulf 00:16 13 Nov 2006

As far a I am aware the Norton licence is for one installation only.......you have to pay more for multiple pc licences.

Worth checking up on the Symantec website to check that though.It's more than a year since I personally used Norton, so things may have changed.

Jimmy14.......No-one is suggesting that mib ditches anything.He already has and presumably is happy with Norton on one machine.He or she may not be so happy about paying a second licence fee, so the suggestion to use AVG by Kate B is both valid and helpful.

After all the best way to find out if you are getting effective protection,or not, from a paid for and a free AV is to use one of each on two computers with similar usage.

Belatucadrus 00:24 13 Nov 2006

Not an irrelevant post if Norton only permits one copy as AVG click here , Comodo click here or avast! click here will cover the laptop at no extra cost.

Totally-braindead 01:20 13 Nov 2006

That wasn't an irrelevant post at all. If mib was able to install it on a second PC I might agree but as it stands mib would have to buy another copy therefore the suggestion to use AVG is a good idea and is relevant.
Kate B never suggested ditching anything. You should read before you type.
I know you like Norton and got annoyed at the posts people made in previous posts about dumping it for AVG but you're jumping the gun here. Read what Kate B said.

Jimmy14 08:36 13 Nov 2006

Ok then if that's what you think. I don't know why on earth someone would want to pay for Norton on 1 computer and use free AVG on the other.

Totally-braindead,
I do read before I type which is normal and I DO NOT get annoyed at people making previous posts about dumping it, I just see no point whatsoever and it is very unhelpful. I have already read what she said when I was about to put in my post and what I am still saying is what I have said above to gudgulf, I wouldn't see the point in having AVG free on one machine and paying for Norton on the other.

freaky 11:16 13 Nov 2006

Why don't you try downloading it again to your laptop, and see if it works and updates.

If it does not work or update, then you can uninstall and either purchase another copy or use AVG free on the laptop. You really don't have any other choice.

lilythepink 15:33 13 Nov 2006

thanks everyone for your help. I think I will use the AVG on the laptop, and see how it goes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

5 best 3D model websites

iPhone 8 vs iPhone X

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache