Norton Antivirus 2004

Robbinthres 12:17 12 Feb 2004

I,ve just up dated my antivirus software by installing NAV 2004 and have the emblem showing the program running in the background and I have run a scheduled full system scan however when I open the program to run a manual scan although a years subscription is now shown, virus definitions are shown out of date urgent attention required and the live update is off and I cannot enable it. Any ideas?

anchor 12:45 12 Feb 2004

Try manually updating the definition file from here:

click here

click on "download virus definitions-(intelligent updater only)

click on download updates English in the new page.

anchor 12:50 12 Feb 2004

I also have Norton A/V 2004, and to enable Live Update I have done this:

1. Start the programme by clicking on the task bar icon. 2. select Options, then select Live Update. 3.Ensure that there are ticks against all, (except "notify me when updates are available").

christmascracker 13:19 12 Feb 2004

Also check your settings in "Symantec liveupdate"
in control panel

Robbinthres 14:08 12 Feb 2004

Having followed the above when I reviewed the data stream going through on live update it shows NAV 2002 my old AV program also when following anchor 1245 I'm taken to the US site and from there downloaded 4.4m update but when i come to run system check I get error message could not find NAVKRNLO (error 2)

anchor 15:46 12 Feb 2004

This might help:

click here

Robbinthres 12:54 13 Feb 2004

Yes that finally freed the program up to run but I am bound to ask why has the file loaded in compatability mode in the first place?
Thanks for your help

Rob

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?