norton

obbit 22:04 13 Feb 2003

every day on the helproom there are about 3 or 4 threads from people having trouble with Norton.
is it really that difficult to use or is it not very good. personally i use avg and zonealarm. i have seen threads about those as well. the main advantage with avg and zonealarm, they are free.
when you pay good money for some thing it should be perfect. if it isn't your stuck with it and out of pocket.

BRYNIT 00:46 14 Feb 2003

I have used Norton for the past two years and have had no problems. You will always get some people who can not use a product for one reason or another. The main reasons i would think is that they do not read the instructons b4 installing.

The question you have to ask your self is are you happy with what you are using if so why change.

Coaster3 08:19 14 Feb 2003

My sone used AVG. When he asked me to sort out some problems for him I did a scan using the Norton website. He had 7 viruses on his computer.

Installed Norton and no further problems. Enough said!

Sir Radfordin™ 08:19 14 Feb 2003

NAV has just sat on my PC's since early 1996. Have never had a single problem with it. Can't say anything else than that really.

JoeC 09:00 14 Feb 2003

products for years also ( Utilities / AV / Firewall ) although I ditched the Utilities. They can be pernicky to get right but it is worth persevering to set them up the way you want. I have found that any problems can usually be sorted by an uninstall / reinstall. Take your time with Norton stuff and, once setup correctly they are good. Although, until recently, trying to get help from Symantec was nigh on impossible. For a comparison - you get what you pay for - have a look here

click here

To remove NAV or Firewall completely, it is best to use the Rnav and Rnis tools from the Symantec site. : }

simonp1 10:21 14 Feb 2003

I use norton for everything, very easy to use ( i am a novice so it needs to be) never had a problem with it, recommend norton to any novice. Quick and easy to setup and maintain. If you are happy with what you have why change?

obbit 11:18 14 Feb 2003

everyone. i am happy with the stuff i have but realise being free it prob will be betten by somethings. i would put problems with norton down to mistakes installing.

thanks JoeC for the link. interesting

avg not bad but so far not had any viruses so lucky so far. zonealarm keeps me informed what traffic is on my pc. as for blocking hackers and even if they found anything they could get past it anyway.

cheers folks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?