Is this the norm for Novatech

iqs 12:09 03 Mar 2008

Hello,
I'm not posting this thread to criticise Novatech,just to highlight the problems with my first purchase,and to ask if this is the norm?.

I bought a SAT DVD ROM on the 26th Feb,it arrived on the date agreed.

The advert stated retail,I only buy retail peripherals.They made a mistake on their web page,it should of said OEM.

I phoned and explained that the item was incomplete,and thats when I was informed of the error.

They offered to send out a SATA lead,this was acceptable to me.7 days later still no lead.I phoned Novatech this morning after the post arrived,they will send out the lead by courier tomorrow.Another day of waiting in.

Can I expect similar service with possible future deliveries and products.Or is this a one off??

Like I said this is not a rant to embarrass Novatech,just asking a reasonable question.

Cheers

Stuartli 12:50 03 Mar 2008

Novatech is consistently praised for its customer service and it would appear that it has fulfilled its duties in this instance by offering the SATA lead.

The fact that it has not yet been delivered is most unlikely to be Novatech's fault if, as it stated, the item was sent immediately in the post.

To then send another lead via a courier will almost certainly wipe out any profit made on the original DVD-ROM drive - it could, in fact, well up as a loss...:-)

Chris the Ancient 12:50 03 Mar 2008

I do have to say that it does seem to be a bit of a 'one off'.

I have used novatech for many years and the only problems I have had were:

* a faulty usb lead (not their fault!)which was replaced immediately

* a usb hub failed after about four months. They despatched a new one immediately by first class and didn't want the hassle of the old one back (becasue it was a lw cost item).

Like any big company, they will have the occasional glitch - and with novatech, it is only the (very) occasional glitch.

CtA

Kemistri 13:04 03 Mar 2008

Has the product description been corrected?

Diemmess 13:23 03 Mar 2008

"Can I expect similar service with possible future deliveries and products.Or is this a one off??"

Definitely a one off.

mrwoowoo 14:14 03 Mar 2008

Always found them quick and reliable.

iqs 15:27 03 Mar 2008

for the replies.

This experience has not put me off buying from Novatech,assuming the replacement lead arrives tomorrow.

I have read many positive reviews on this forum,and a few negative.So I will wait and see what happens tomorrow before making a final decision about future purchases.

I have just checked their add for the DVD ROM,it now states OEM.
Thanks again

rickf 17:04 03 Mar 2008

NO, Novatech is a very good co. I recently had to use their customer services thru' live chat and then someone call me on the phone to make sure that the prob. was resolved successfully. Great service and its an example other onine cos. could do well to follow.

tigertop2 17:41 03 Mar 2008

Novatech is the one company I always go back to when I have looked at others for a product and am not sure if I am going to get value for money -not only on the item but on the back up service. I have always had good advice , good service and good back up. You can't beat that for satisfaction

harps1h 18:44 03 Mar 2008

i have used novatech in the past and found their service prompt and effecient. if the item has not been deliverd then i would think that the courier is the problem not novatech

Totally-braindead 00:06 04 Mar 2008

I've only ever had one problem and that was caused by the Courier. I paid extra for next day delivery and it took 2 days to get to me. I informed Novatech and they refunded the extra appologising about it.

They are who I always go to first, they are excellent. I hope your lead arrives ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?