NOCHEX - users beware!

Pine Man 16:41 06 Jul 2006

NOCHEX is one of the newer payment methods used for online shopping and it isn't them that are necessarily at fault BUT my credit card company(Morgan Stanley/Mastercard) automatically treat all NOCHEX transactions as a cash transaction and charge interest on the full amount of the transaction involved.

I found an item of interest added to my statement this month and when I queried it with my card company they explained what had happened and gave me a refund but only because I had noticed it.

From what my card company told me they certainly don't appear to be the only ones doing it so beware, if you use NOCHEX always check your credit card statement carefully for interest charges that may have been added.

SG Atlantis® 16:52 06 Jul 2006

duplicate click here

Jackcoms 17:06 06 Jul 2006

In fact it's a triplicated thread. It's also in Absolute Beginners

Pine Man - do NOT post the same thread in various Forums. It only serves to annoy members and will not get you a faster answer.

Pine Man 18:52 06 Jul 2006

You have missed the point completely.

I deliberately posted the thread on all forums so that as many people as possible got the information.

It was NOT to solicit replies but to inform.

I have made my feelings known to the FE.

Forum Editor 18:54 06 Jul 2006

Nochex have been in business since 1999, and have been handling online transactions since 2001. There's nothing unusual about the way they handle the transactions, and what your card company does is a matter for you to discuss with them.

Please don't post the same thread in different forum areas - I've deleted your other two threads.

spuds 19:04 06 Jul 2006

Must be your card provider who as decided to make an extra charge. I use Nochex, and the credit card company that I use, make no additional charges. Take the matter up with Morgan Stanley. Seems strange that they gave you a refund without referring to their terms and conditions, methinks a mistake was possible made!.

Pine Man 19:25 06 Jul 2006

I wish I hadn't started what I thought would be of help to forum members who have been very helpful to me over the years.

So many seem to have missed the point.

I never said NOCHEX were making a charge, I said my card company were making a charge, they admit its wrong and have made a refund. The also inferred that other card companies also charge interest on occasions and my concern was that members might not notice the charges, which my card company says is wrong.

Just trying to help.

Time to tick resolved and break out a new bottle of Gin!!!!

Jackcoms 19:36 06 Jul 2006

In actual fact, it's you who has missed the point completely.

Post in one Forum only

spuds 23:09 06 Jul 2006

So many seem to have missed the point.Who and where. And where did anyone state that you "said NOCHEX were making a charge".

You did state though "BUT my credit card company (Morgan Stanley/Mastercard) automatically treat all NOCHEX transactions as a cash transaction and charge interest on the full amount of the transaction involved".

Why should a credit card company (Morgan Stanley/Mastercard) make a charge to you, then tell you that it all wrong, after you had spotted it on a statement at a later time!.

Rather a confused thread, by the look of things.

Forum Editor 23:47 06 Jul 2006

the thread was entitled 'NOCHEX - users beware!'

Perhaps it's time to close.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?