No reply

lightning es 14:50 09 Apr 2008

I purchased a piece of software "M'soft Office Profl 2007" from a company "SoftwareDealsDirect"and found on receipt that it carried a label "For use only with New M'soft Office ready PC" which I cannot comply with.I notified the Company asking for a refuns, the packaging is intact. I have sent repeated emails without any answer from what appears to be an automatic "Thank you for contacting us,Plase allow 48 hours for a respons".No reply.

Payment was taken by a company called WwwInvescom.Co.uk with a 'phone # 0870 9740823, trying to trace that shows up some strange replies.

Any one used or knowledge of this company ?

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:48 09 Apr 2008

The prices are far too cheap...if it seems too good to be true.............

G

techie4me 15:48 09 Apr 2008

I think i have seen a complaint about this site before on another forum, but cant remember where.
As the don’t have an address on their contact details this would normally ring a few alarm bells for me.

As for the payement company their website is under construction!!

techie4me 15:53 09 Apr 2008

If you paid by credit card you may be able to get your money bank from the bank that issued it to you. Debit cards have less protection on them.

Pine Man 15:55 09 Apr 2008

Probably shouldn't say this but you appear to have the OEM version - if all else fails try loading it you will probably be pleasantly surprised;-)

GaT7 16:28 09 Apr 2008

Cancel payment if you can click here.

Also see click here. G

GaT7 16:32 09 Apr 2008

The least you can do before buying from such companies is research them & make enqueries on a few forums.

"As the don’t have an address on their contact details this would normally ring a few alarm bells for me." - exactly, I wouldn't touch such companies with a bargepole. G

MaxUpload 17:27 09 Apr 2008

Doing a trace on the website www-software deals-com ,it is interesting to find that the host IP address points to another address which is members-ultimateearning-com.

Further investigation gives the geographical location of this second address as Karlsruhe Baden-wurttemberg in Germany.

A similar search on www-invescom-co-uk gives it's location as New York!

All very fishy! It would suggest giving this comany a VERY wide berth!

softwaif 12:45 23 Apr 2008

Hi, My mum recently made a purchase fom Software Deals Direct and we have managed to find out their contact details. Address is 355 London Road, Reading, RG1 3PB. It's a private address with two people registered as living there.

lightning es 16:36 02 May 2008

Thanks for the Reading address, returned the software to them "Recorded Delivery" Checked delivery today, seems they are refusing delivery,so my £50 has gone west......

Thanks for the help.

lightning

Bigmal42 13:18 14 Jun 2008

I also ordered MSo2007 at a knock down price and they took payment on my card on 20th May and needless to say no goods have arrived, no response to e-mails (they bounce back), web site now off-line! However, my credit card statement gave a telephone number of 0870 9740823 and the URL of click here no response to telephone (well there's a surprise) but the web site eventually leads to a new software site with cheap deals at click here - again no telephone number to call - these guys need stopping! My credit card company is sending me a form to claim the money back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017