No contract broadband?

Ralph101 11:03 16 Nov 2006

Hi,

seen a no contract broadband service at click here and just wondered if anyone had any experience with them and could let me know if they are worth joining?

Thanks

Dipso 22:12 16 Nov 2006

I haven't had experience of them or even heard of them. They may be fine but I would be dubious of going with any ISP that I couldn't find anything out about.

Do you need unlimited usage? If not, consider IDNet or Newnet (do a Google) who both offer 1 month contracts, free migration and don't charge if you leave.

bluto1 22:52 16 Nov 2006

For `free` calls, plus line rental, plus 2MB B/B it`s going to cost at least £33.98 pm. As we all use 0870 etc numbers it`ll cost a bit more in reality. You are right to ask here about them and in the end it`s your own decision. However look around a bit more. I`m currently exploring NTL for a Jan/Feb swap.

Ralph101 00:20 17 Nov 2006

Cheers guys. I take your point about shopping around. Had looked at NTL, but their 4mb broadband + phone with unlimited calling is £37.49 for the first 3 months, going up to £49.99 for the remaining 9. Little steep for my liking, compared to the £32.99 8Mb deal at Freeman. I'll check out IDnet and Newnet before doing anything, the 1 month contract sounds good, means if they don't measure up I can always leave.

Miros 08:11 17 Nov 2006

If you want something cheaper what is wrong with AOL silver at £14.99 ? I know it is only 1mb speed but it seems fast enough to me. There's no download limit, you can download all day and night to your hearts content.

bitofageek 20:37 09 Dec 2006

I found this site, it has good information on switching broadband, which is not easy.

They also list providers that have no minimum commitment. I would try Direct Save or Eclipse, they do charge a set up fee but you get up to 8MB

click here

Watch out for Virgin, they charge and exit fee.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?