NO Communication from Tiscali

ened 15:37 01 Nov 2006

Using: click here
This is the BEST result I have achieved in the last three hours:

Results from broadband speed test recorded on Wednesday, 01 November 2006, 15:06.

Your Connection
Speed Test Results

Downstream 149.3 Kbps ( = 0.1 Mbps )
Upstream 123.5 Kbps ( = 0.1 Mbps )

This is nothing new and has been going on for several months.

The problem is that I get no response whatsoever from them.

I have written TWICE to their Head Office and not even received an acknowledgement.

I have lost count of the amount of emails I have sent and only received the autoresponse. Nothing further, zilch,nada - silence!

When I tried to telephone it was a disaster and started costing money when being put on hold for indefinite periods (not to mention the language barrier).

I don't see why I should have to put up with these slow speeds when I am paying for the 1Mb service and I suggested, in one mail, that they upgraded me to the 2Meg service then at least I might get the 1meg.

Ignored!!

Am I doing something wrong or do they really not give a damn?

Totally-braindead 15:46 01 Nov 2006

I'm with Tiscali and found there support to be very poor, when I emailed then they did reply reasonably quickly, a couple of days, but in my case they seemed to lack the ability to read as the reply they sent had nothing at all to do with what I asked.
I ended up phoning them on 0870 744 2922 and of course got the usual Indian call centre (eventually) where they showed their great inepness yet again but they did eventually sort it out. Took 3 phones calls lasting 15-20 minutes each time but at least the phone number is national rate and not peak rate.
Personally my connection has been reasonable. I just ran the Tiscali connection check click here and I get anything between 600 and 850 kbps.

ened 15:56 01 Nov 2006

I didn't used to have much of a problem with spam but no I am deluged by firms who say at the bottom they obtained my details from Tiscali. I had specifically not ticked any of the boxes which allow them to share my details.

I don't know how to cotrrect this and again my request to them about this subject was also ignored.

I had problems with Freeserve but nothing lik,e this.

My latest speed test:

Results from broadband speed test recorded on Wednesday, 01 November 2006, 15:51.

Your Connection
Speed Test Results

Downstream 142.5 Kbps ( = 0.1 Mbps )
Upstream 124.0 Kbps ( = 0.1 Mbps )

Stuartli 16:07 01 Nov 2006

Apart from being somewhat pleased I left Tiscali around three or four months ago, I've noticed that its £12.99 BB offer including free weekend phones calls that was definitely going to end on October 31st, is still being advertised today but without the deadline.

spuds 16:12 01 Nov 2006

Just tried the link and did a speed-check on my 'upto' Tiscali 2MB package. First 2.19MB, then retest straight away 1.75MB.

If you have a communications problem with Tiscali, contact their accounts department, and suggest their service isn't providing the connection expected, and that you are considering cancelling the agreement under the Supply of Goods and Services Act. See what they say!.

Normally, when I have send a letter to Tiscali Kiln Farm HO, they seem to respond with a telephone call. Perhaps someone as tried to contact you, but you were not available!.

ened 16:15 01 Nov 2006

I have a deal with BT whereby no call (to a fixed No.) costs more than 10pence. I have therefore never bothered with their w/e call offer because you have to come away from BT for the whole lot.

I know Tiscali are in trouble but behaving like this is surely only going to drive more customers away.

Jimmy14 16:17 01 Nov 2006

Can someone please tell me what figures and where I read it from on Tiscali's speed test that measures my connection speed, I have already ran it.

Thanks,James

ened 16:22 01 Nov 2006

I think you suggested I write to Kiln Farm in an earlier thread and I have done; twice. My telephone records all calls and I would know if they had attempted to call me.

Tomorrow I am going to follow your advice about contacting their accounts dpt. But I would like to stay with them really because I don't like to keep chopping and changing. I only left Freeserve 6 months ago and would stay with Tiscali if this could be sorted out.

I say this particularly as I don't believe there is such an animal as an isp who does care about the individual.

alB 16:47 01 Nov 2006

I've had rubbish speed ever since they did "service enhancements" some months back, as soon as my contract finishes I'm off to a new provider ...alB

Speed Test Results

Downstream 313.8 Kbps ( = 0.3 Mbps )
Upstream 123.0 Kbps ( = 0.1 Mbps )

Zaphod 3 16:51 01 Nov 2006

I was having a major battle with them about 6 weeks. Having had the runaround I manged to find the phone no of their head office in London. I explained the problems I had been having, all of a sudden doors were opened and it was all sorted out within a week. If you mail me by the yellow envelope I'll give you the name and e-mail address of the lady who booted butt for me.

Their phone no is 020 70872000

ened 17:00 01 Nov 2006

The message is on it's way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017