Nikon D300

exdragon 13:18 13 Dec 2007

Any photographers out there tried/got the D300?

Noels 13:26 13 Dec 2007

click here

go to Ken Rockwell. Whats new and follow all his comments. Avery good site. You will have to follow through as he adds new most days and you can go to search D300 Ken Rockwell on the same page

Regards
Noels

exdragon 13:52 13 Dec 2007

Thanks for the link, Noels. All the reviews I've read so far have been excellent and I just wondered if any PCA people had tried it - I know there are some keen photographers out there.

I'm tempted, very, very tempted...

aquatarkus 14:17 13 Dec 2007

have a look at the Nikon Forums on click here and dpreview its self

as to Ken Rockwell the less said the better, the only person who can review a dslr without actually having the dslr he's reviewing

do a search for Ken Rockwell on the dpreview forums you'll get some very interesting coments

Keith.

aquatarkus 14:17 13 Dec 2007

have a look at the Nikon Forums on click here and dpreview its self

as to Ken Rockwell the less said the better, the only person who can review a dslr without actually having the dslr he's reviewing

do a search for Ken Rockwell on the dpreview forums you'll get some very interesting coments

Keith.

Noels 14:26 13 Dec 2007

Think you're a bit behind the times Ken Rockwell has had both the D300 and D3 for some time now!
Regards
Noels

Noels 14:32 13 Dec 2007

P.S The problem with theDP review is that they haven'tyet done a full review. Otherwise I would agree its agood site.
EXDRAGON.I will consider up grading my D200 sometime early in the new year.
Regards
Noels

hssutton 14:45 13 Dec 2007

I'm a Canon user, but was out at the Dona Nook nature reserve photographing seals. A friend with me was using the D300, results where very good, but if shooting in Jpeg there are a lot of diferent parameters to set to get the "right" image.

However have a look here click here and if you're not already convinced about buying one, then this series will convince you

exdragon 14:51 13 Dec 2007

I was hoping you would turn up! I always shoot RAW. That link is terrific, isn't it?

I think I'm almost convinced, in fact...Jessops is open til 10.00 tonight... I'm trying to convince my other half to get one too, in which case, we can get them for £1100 each. If I just get one for myself, he'll either kill me or love me forever in the hopes of using it! On the other hand, if he did kill me, he'd probably pinch it, thinking that a spell in jail would be worth it, if he could use it on his release. Justifiable homicide, probably!

hssutton 17:10 13 Dec 2007

Have you got the lenses that this camera deserves?.

As for the link, well it certainly made me "lust" after one, but I think I'll make do with the Canon 5D (can live in hope) for my next years safari.

Just a few more weeks, the safari that is, not the 5D.

exdragon 21:46 13 Dec 2007

I've got the camera! I've got the Sigma 10 - 20, the Nikon 18 - 200 VR and the standard 18 - 70 which came with the D70.

I only came to photography 3 or 4 years ago and aren't at all up to speed with prime lenses and whatever! I'm currently looking at the Nikon tutorials and trying to sort out the intricacies of the menu.

Fun, isn't it? I've got about 6 weeks before I have to submit my prints for the next club competition, ao keep your fingers crossed for decent weather between now and then.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?