Nikon cashback offer

mbc 20:30 05 Dec 2007

I purchased a Nikon D40X kit some months ago, with a promise of £60 cashback, which I am having trouble getting. Has anyone had a successful cashback, or having problems getting it?

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:23 05 Dec 2007

Have you phoned Nikon UK?

G

PalaeoBill 13:54 06 Dec 2007

The procedure wasn't exactly straight forward or well explained but I got there in the end.
I sent a copy of the invoice and one part of the guarantee with a cover letter and then realized that I needed to register on the website. So I registered the lens & camera separately (even though it was a kit), downloaded the application form, filled it in and sent if off explaining that I had already sent the invoice & guarantee. Then to make sure I had covered all that was required I e-mailed them via the website.

PalaeoBill 13:54 06 Dec 2007

Oh, sorry. Yes I got the cashback.

mbc 14:12 06 Dec 2007

Thanks, PalaeoBill. That is reassuring. I did all that and more, but have still not got anywhere. I have phoned (again) this morning, and am awaiting a response from their customer service people.
Just wanted to know if I was alone in having problems before I start threatening legal action. Very poor service, considering I bought the kit early August.

PalaeoBill 13:24 07 Dec 2007

I bought the D40X kit back in December last year as a Christmas gift for my wife. The cashback came in July this year, so you may have a while to go yet ;-)

Martynick 16:35 13 Feb 2008

Hi
have only just seen your notes re Nikon cashback.
I bought a D40X last August and have not had the cashback at all.
I have numerous emails letters etc giving me all sorts of reasons for the delay.
Am now getting legal advice plus contacting BBC Watchdog and as many newspapers etc that I can !!
Am extremely annoyed that this goes on - its not the money so much as the principle involved!

Mart

mbc 19:00 13 Feb 2008

Mart, I am still in limbo. Response to e-mails reads that they will "escalate" my case, but still no action. Wonder how much Nikon is saving in interest by delaying cash backs? Please keep us posted. Can PC Advisor take this up with Nikon? How about it Mr FE (aka China)?

skinnylad 13:02 18 Feb 2008

I'm in the same boat. I registered my cashback request in July 07 after spending almost £700 on Nikon products and am still waiting. I ring Nikon UK almost weekly with the same result. "Yes we have your details and the cheque will be going out within the next 10 days".
I am in the process of contacting the Office of Fair Trading to see if there is anything they can do. This promotion has been a complete fiasco and I am disgusted that a company as large as Nikon has got this so wrong. They still have a similar promotion on even now.
I was originally torn between the Nikon DX40 camera and the Canon equivalent. The cashback promotion was part of that decision. I'll certainly go for Canon in future.

lisaj9990 21:05 18 Feb 2008

I purchased a D40x kit for my son's 18th last July and have just received the cashback last week!
After endless emails and being sent round in circles with two phone numbers (you need to phone these, only to phone and be told you need to phone the first!).
I lost count of the amount of emails I sent and was getting so annoyed, not because of the money but it seemed they thought they had one up on all who had applied!
In the end I phoned both numbers daily and they seemed to be getting annoyed with me!!!!
Really bad service and I too was torn between Nikon and Canon, in the end wishing I had chosen Canon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?