NewLink Products

Newuser939 16:59 08 Sep 2009

I have just bought a card reader produced by NewLink Products from Amazon. When I opened it, the list of contents was quite different from what I received, but that seems to be a case of wrong packaging rather than wrong products. When I tried to use it, it appeared not to work, but after some trial and error, it seems to be a faulty USB cable, which is not a problem as I am not exactly short of USB cables. However, as a matter of interest, I looked at the web site of NewLink Products, and they certainly do not want anybody contacting them - no address, no phone number, no email address. Perhaps just a bit of caution is needed when buying their products.

GaT7 17:33 08 Sep 2009

Hi Newuser939, if you mean click here, I see what you mean.

I did a Domain lookup, & apparently they're also known as Cables Direct Limited click here.

And, who in turn have their own website click here with contact details that match the NewLink domain one click here - postal, phone, fax & email details provided there. G

Newuser939 18:12 08 Sep 2009

Thank you for that, Crossbow7 - that's a very thorough bit of research. It certainly gives me the opportunity to be in touch with them.

Newuser939 16:47 20 Sep 2009

Just by way of an update, following crossbow7's useful information I emailed the company pointing out that the supplied usb cable did not work and, for that matter, that the list of package contents bore little relationship to what was actually in the package (wrong packaging rather than wrong contents). I received no response at all, which, I suppose speaks volumes about the company's interest in customer satisfaction. I think that I was certainly right to suggest caution in relation to this company's products.

spuds 17:36 20 Sep 2009

Methinks that you should contact Amazon about your findings. I am sure Amazon will investigate, and if it doesn't help you out this time (very unlikely knowing Amazon!), it might help others in the future.

GaT7 21:52 20 Sep 2009

Newuser939, as they have a standard phone number (non-premium), I would have called them.

But as spuds mentions, your first contact should really be with retailer that sold you the partly faulty product. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone