New Stuff !!

M4D 04:46 23 Mar 2003

Can anyone out there recomend a good 19inch monitor and a good full tower as im wanting to build a new pc but sorta got stuck on these two!

This - Juno P6 Full Tower - click here - And this - 19inch Hansol 920P - click here

Ive had some others in mind but still not sure as yet, Plus if anyone can find these anywhere else cheaper let me know..

The tower has to be quite a big one mostly for cooling purposes with 300 watt minimum power supply and a decent 19inch monitor would be nice!

Cheers, Chris M

« Ravin » 05:29 23 Mar 2003

if i may ask how much is the monitor in your link ?

M4D 05:33 23 Mar 2003

The Monitor and Tower for spec and prices are on this site click here

Andsome 09:07 23 Mar 2003

Why not consider a 17 inch TFT instead of a 19 inch? Similar sized viewing screen, less weight and space.

A Pound of Sausages 11:13 23 Mar 2003

Vastly improved picture too - especially when using DVI.

So the colours may not be as vibrant as a CRT but the text won't be fuzzy, you'll never need to mess around with the geometry of the picture and you won't get headaches from using it either.

Kadoka 16:50 23 Mar 2003

I wouldn't go for a Juno....I used to own one and it isn't a good case to work with and the PSU wasn't very good! I would look at one of these.... ANTEC - 1080AMG -click here

Features: - Fitted with Antec TruePower 430W PSU
- Front mounted USB & IEEE1394 (FireWire) ports
- Washable front mounted air filter
- Lockable swing out side panel with a handle
- Quick release drive bays with release lever
- Snap-in fan mounts
- Drive rails for 5.25" devices
- Removable Side Panels
- Removable Drive Cages for 3.5" drives
- 10 Drive Bays - External: 4 x 5.25", 2x 3.5" - Internal: 4 x 3.5"
- Capacity for 5 x 80mm fans - 2 rear (installed) - 1 front (optional) - 1 HDD (optional) - 1 side panel (optional

It has a ANTEC Truepower 430WATT PSU, excellent quality and very powerful...worth £75 in along with the case! see here: click here

The case with all it's features front USB etc and the extra power from the PSU are well worth the extra money in my view!

M4D 20:12 23 Mar 2003

That antec one looks great! Thanks,
To be honest the monitor im not too bothered about but crt 17 or 19 would be a nice touch to the new pc, So if anyone no's of a good cheap monitor then let me know..

Kadoka 23:31 23 Mar 2003

For your monitor, I would personally have a good high quality 17" CRT with Diamondron Tube (Flat Glass Screen) Than a larger 19" curved tube screen like the Hansol's....not saying that hansols are bad, they are very good screens just depends on your needs and budget!

If i had to recomend you a screen it would be the Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 750SB! Quiet simply it's a superb screen very crisp picture quality, DIAMONDTRON tube making it a pleasure to work on, I used to own a Diamond PRO 730 before I went to a 18.1TFT! :D
Or if you have the cash and the room go for the Diamond PRO 930 (19")

What I'm trying to say is if you spend the extra, you won't regret it!

Hope this is of some help!

Kadoka

Kadoka 23:36 23 Mar 2003

Ohhh forgot!

Do a search on this site and you will see that the Diamond PRO 750 is Number 1 17" CRT currently!

M4D 23:53 23 Mar 2003

Thanks,
Im gonna leave this thread open for a bit to see what other stuff people can come up with or until i make a decision, And i will let you know what i choose in the end...

Cheers, Chris M...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?