New printer

mikeyb59 16:33 06 May 2004

For what its worth....

...Took delivery today of a new Epson R300 to replace my old C60.

Superb, quiet (Epson - quiet??), loaded with goodies inc. built in memory card readers, direct to cd/dvd printing etc. All at a price of only £114 odd from click here

Delivered when promised, well wrapped in plastic with no damage at all (thanks City Link).

Can highly recommend both the printer and the supplier

mikeyb59 09:16 09 May 2004

Thought it worth a mention

Smiler 15:18 09 May 2004

Bought one myself on Wednesday from a local dealer who is an Epson agent. He gave me an excellent deal as it was a replacement for an Epson 895 that had self destructed by chucking the ink from the overfull cleaning pads all over the printed circuit board. This would have cost £100 pound to buy plus £45 fitting so plumped for the new printer. Dissappointed that the 895 only lasted 2½ years but have learnt that the cleaning pads should be checked annually (recommended by the agent. Nothing in the Epson paperwork though).
I am very pleased with the R300. The one I bought has the monitor so I cans see the photos & print from the cards or camera without actually turning the pc on. As you say it is quiet, sometimes I have to keep checking that it is really printing. Haven't tried all its extras yet but I am satisfied so far.

Stuartli 15:40 09 May 2004

Epson printers are excellent, as with HP and Canon.

I've long known of the quality of Epsom as it's a division of Seiko and, apart from its watches (including its value option Lorus and the Pulsar brand), I use to use cameras from way back with Seikosha between lens shutter mechanisms.

I worked out that any firm that could produce an utterly reliable between lens shutter was more than likely to do the same with watches (and later printers); I bought my first (automatic) Seiko watch in 1971 and it's still in regular use today, along with several others I have.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?