new pc refurbished PC world desktop

Giggsy252 12:29 20 Jun 2006

had to cancel my acer order due to error in specification so now thinking of buying this one

click here

click here

would you advise me getting a refurbished pc from pc world??

What do you guys reckon?

rmcqua 13:42 20 Jun 2006

I don't see why not. It looks a reasonable deal. A 3.4GHz P4 with 2Gb of RAM should give you a decent, fast machine. And you get 1 year warranty with it.

Giggsy252 19:32 20 Jun 2006

finally got this one in the end

what do you guys think?

click here

spuds 22:43 20 Jun 2006

It seems good for the price. Remember that it states refurbished, so it could have been returned for a number of reasons. It may even be a brand new unit returned under the seven day distance selling regulations.

The unit comes with a full twelve months guarantee, is this RTB or on-site cover. Plus did you check, what is being supplied in the form of drivers, manuals or recovery disks?.

wee eddie 23:31 20 Jun 2006

You never know.

As it's from PCW.

They may have left something interesting on it!

Giggsy252 08:24 21 Jun 2006

well apparently all the drivers and manauals will be supplied, i have to make my own recovery disks. is this an easy procedure as the laptops/desktops i had in the past, the recovery disks are supplied.

Dizzy Bob 09:19 21 Jun 2006

Giggsy252,

Making the recovery disks is a very simple process. After turning on the PC for the first time, and going through windows setup, you will be prompted by a dialog box to make the recovey kit.

Simply click yes, put in a blank DVD-R and off you go. The process is pretty much automated.

Good Luck,

DB

spuds 09:22 21 Jun 2006

Making a recovery disk can be easy or hard depending on your computer skills. When you get the computer, come back to the forums for guidance, if you are not sure.

As wee eddie as hinted, check the hard-drive, to see if it as been 'cleaned'. It should have been, but with a reburbished unit, you never can be sure, until you have checked. (I didn't want to mention this, in the earlier posting):O)

rmcqua 09:49 21 Jun 2006

I'm not advocating overclocking if you are uncomfortable with the idea, but I run that same 3.2GHz P4, cool and happy at 3.85GHz. I think you got a good deal.

Giggsy252 10:53 21 Jun 2006

thanks alot guys, can sleep with ease at night knowing help is just around here in the forum :)

well the desktop should come early next week, will keep you guys posted

Giggsy252 19:20 26 Jun 2006

pc should come tmrw, any more thoughts on the phillips pc?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?