New PC Advice

derbomber 13:01 10 Nov 2004

I'm a first time poster and would appreciate some help with regards a new PC. I have limited technical knowledge but I think I know enough to know what I want. I've seen a PC on the Mesh website that has caught my eye.

The system in question is Mesh 3500+ TFT, the specifications are AMD Athlon 64 3500+(939 pin), 512mb PC3200 DDR (400hz) memory, 200gb hard drive 128mb nVIDIA GeForce fx5500 (tv out + dvi) and a cd rw/dvd combo drive (will probably buy an external dvd rw) for £844.83 (including vat & delivery.
My question is this system good value for money? (i intend to do some internet stuff and gaming)

Diodorus Siculus 13:47 10 Nov 2004

I am not sure of the quality of the card for gaming; the rest of the machine sounds fine.

tenplus1 16:52 10 Nov 2004

From the list you've given, it's a pretty high spec pc for the price, although if you shop around or even build it yourself you could save yourself a few hundred quid... but yeah, it's a good price for what's listed...

josie mayhem 20:08 10 Nov 2004

I couldn't comment on the price of the system and its value, because I've always built my own (except my first two which both were second hand)

But has for the graphic card I've just purchased one myself, and I find it does the biz for me, has so far kept up with the games that my son has played, but there again we aren't manic gamers!

P.S I'm that bad, if any one could tell me how to get out the training camp assualt course in splinter cell, I'll be one grateful person.

joesoaps 21:49 10 Nov 2004

Depends how serious you are about gaming,for the casual/average gamer the graphics card will probably be o.k.If you're a serious gamer then the card is too low spec and I dont recommend TFT for gaming CRT is better.Other than that it looks a good system

The card will cope with most games at max/meduim level's. Will last for a couple of year's easy...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?