new pc

gidster 20:04 30 Nov 2006

hi im thinking of buying this pc click here

is it any good i want to be able to play games like ghost recon advanced but thats about all i can afford , maybe a bit more

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:35 30 Nov 2006

Minimum specs required to run Ghost recon
2 GHz Pentium® IV or the equivalent
1Gb RAM
5 GB of hard drive space
NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6/7 or ATI® Radeon® 9600-9800/

G

GaT7 20:57 30 Nov 2006

Though the system specs are well within Ghost Recon's requirements, the 7300GS graphics card seems the weakest link - keeping the newest/future games in mind as well.

I'd suggest the 256MB nVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT (if you click on the Customise button), may be the best option with respect to price-performance. G

gidster 21:35 30 Nov 2006

this is my delema ive already got a intel 4 2.6ghz computer with a geforce 5600fx + 512ram do i upgrade it so i can play ghost recon or buy the above pc or get an xbox 360 and keep the pc ive got for the internet and stuff

citadel 22:34 30 Nov 2006

7300 is no good. you may as well get xbox 360 and get a new computer later, this will come with vista and a dx10 card.

FatboySlim71 10:02 01 Dec 2006

Just be aware though that MESH are not known for good after sales service, I know this from past experiance when I owned one and needed service, just look on this forum and you will see others who have has bad experiances with MESH. I own a PC from this place and I am very impressed with it, they seem A1 quality as well, they have varity of PC's to suit most budgets, I ordered from this place because of countless recommendations from friends/colleges who told me "They have excellent aftersales and the PC's are A1 quality".

click here

The Brigadier 10:59 01 Dec 2006

Have a look at click here or click here
Mesh pc's are well built, as is mine, but the aftercare customers service is sadly 3rd rate. You only have to do a google search to finf out more on this problem!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?