New Orange Username and Broadband

SURVEY 15:40 16 Dec 2007

As Orange take so long to respond to queries (and then often the answer is just a standard reply without actually reading the question), perhaps a forum member can answer this query.

My Broadband ISP is Orange and just at present I do not wish to change. However, due to the excessive amount of Spam that Orange does not seem to be able to stop at source (I do use Mailwasher, Zonealarm and AVG), I do wish to change my Orange email address (and therefore username).

Orange will not permit a change of username without renewing my Broadband contract for another year. Thus I shall have to retain my present username for the purpose of accessing my Broadband connection. I have set up a new Orange email address and username to help reduce the amount of Spam. Does this mean that I will have to dial in on dial-up every so often (how often?) to my new email address in order to maintain this new email address/username? I believe that just sending and receiving emails via my new email address is insufficient and one has to use the actual username to access the ISP provider to maintain the new username.

SURVEY 15:41 16 Dec 2007

Sorry folks, this should have neen posted under the Helproom. Will tick and re-post.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?