New Mouse

ened 17:19 30 Nov 2004

Hello
I have decided to treat myself to a new mouse. I am left-handed and have been looking at a Logitech MX1000.
Does anyone have any copmments about this one or recommendations for another. I don't do this very often so money is not a problem but I don't want to be buying another within a few months. Also what are PC World (Online) like for reliability etc?
Thanking you in advance for your contributions.

Forum Editor 19:10 30 Nov 2004
  961 19:13 30 Nov 2004

Two comments that may be helpful

Optical is good. Wireless is not

My current Microsoft Optical Blue is excellent and cost about £18

Unfortunately I cannot comment on best for left hand use

Mr Mistoffelees 19:24 30 Nov 2004

Sorry but I dissagree with 961. Wireless is good, wired is a pain after you have got used to wireless.

polish 20:08 30 Nov 2004

i have a logitech marble mouse which has a ball i find these far better than a normal mouse iam left handed and have no problems

Jarvo 20:29 30 Nov 2004

I bought one of these about two months ago, Fantastic!! I to use my mouse left handed which leaves my right hand free for using the numerical keyboard (I do a lot of spread sheets)I love the new side scroll and window switching wish I had bought one ages ago, as per Mr Mistoffelees comments after wireless there is no going back.

click here

Jarvo

fourjays 20:46 30 Nov 2004

Im still sticking with a wired mouse (MS Intellimouse v3.0) - just about the best mouse ever made (just bought 2 more @ approx £15 each from dabs.com). My Dad reckons it would be interfered with by the radio ham nextdoor (a lot of equipment in our area gets effected by it, so it wouldn't surprise me). :(

wallbash 21:05 30 Nov 2004

Last xmas, requested from Santa , Logitech Mx 700 cordless optical mouse. Best upgrade ever. If i had to give up the TFT or this mouse the monitor would go.

Sir Radfordin 21:35 30 Nov 2004

That first link from the FE is one of the nastiest mice I've ever had to use. Thankfully it was only whilst fixing someone elses computer!

As someone who is left handed I've always used the mouse in my right hand leaving the left hand free for a pen.

However the Microsoft Optical Mouse 2.0 I recently bought has been a gem and it would fit left and right handed users alike. The wireless function is great and makes using the thing so much more natural.

Starfox 23:03 30 Nov 2004

click here

Agree with Mr Mistofelees,once you have used a wireless mouse,preferebly optical,you won't want to go back to any other type.

ened 12:50 01 Dec 2004

Thanks everybody for taking the time to post.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?