New Mesh PC

chapman9 14:02 03 Jan 2006

Hi all,

Happy New Year!
I'm looking into buying a new PC from MESH, I've bought from them before and had no probs (Thankfully!)

Does the following spec seem good? What is good/bad about it? Do you think it will be fairly quiet? and finally... Will I get more for £699?

Thanks for your help!

AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 3800+
with HyperTransport™ Technology
Genuine Windows® XP Home
ASUS A8N_VM PCI- X Mainboard
1GB DDR 400 Memory
200GB Serial ATA Hard Drive
128MB Nvidia GeForce 6100 Graphics
19" DVI TFT Flat Panel Display
Sony 16x Dual Layer DVD Writer
5.1 Channel Surround Sound Audio
Sound Blaster SBS260 Speakers
Logitech Cordless KB & Optical Mouse
Classic Warranty-3Years parts & lab

rmcqua 14:13 03 Jan 2006

I have had no personal experience of Mesh machines, but this spec.sounds good for the price, especially the memory, HDD and TFT display. It should be nice, quick PC.
If I were building a similar system myself (or looking to buy one) I would want a second optical drive and wireless adapter.
Happy shopping!

kinger 14:21 03 Jan 2006

I purchased from Mesh last year and the machine is a dream to work with. Customer service was quick and straight forward for me.

Full marks for Mesh, enjoy your new PC.

redmark 17:48 03 Jan 2006

Seems unbalanced to put 1gb ram in a system with a relatively poor graphics card (as you asked for good/bad...). If you want it for gaming, look at the upgrade options available on the graphics card. Also check the upgrade option on the hard drive; I think they do a 250gb with 16mb buffer instead of 8mb for a fairly marginal price increase. Also a DVD-ROM should be a cheap addition.

chapman9 19:48 03 Jan 2006

Thanks for all your advice, I've gone for the HDD upgrade, and I'll upgrade the graphics at a later date..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?