New laptop required - can't decide

Borderz17 13:15 27 Apr 2017

Hello,

As the above says I'm in the process of buying a laptop. Want to buy it asap as current one is on its last legs.

I want a laptop with good speakers (i'm partially deaf), good storage and speedy. I use my laptop for writing, internet use, trying to learn photoshop and listening to music/watching netflix etc. Would like backlit keyboard too and for it not to be too heavy.

i do also like a little bit of gaming but not something I do very frequently, but would like something at least capable of it. (i.e Sims 4 has been my limit thus far).

A bit foxed by all the choice since I last looked, and found these but not sure if any good or if there's better alternatives for longevity etc.,

hp laptop

Or this one:

Acer laptop

Are there better alternatives? Can pay a max of £800 ideally, maybe a tiny bit of movement at top price. Thank you.

wee eddie 14:41 27 Apr 2017

Forget the Speakers. Get headphones, "Cans" to the cognoscenti, then you won't get complaints from others, no matter how loud you have it

rickf 17:05 27 Apr 2017

the hp has a better graphics card.

Forum Editor 12:20 01 May 2017

I'm a big Acer fan - I know them for reliability - but rickf is right, the HP machine has a better graphics processor. Important in a gaming machine.

I'm in agreement with wee eddie on the headphones, particularly in view of your hearing issue.

Before you make a decision, take a look at this.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?