New Laptop Advice

tobeloy 19:39 19 May 2010

My 8yr old toshiba is on its last legs and I am looking to upgrade to something that will do me for about 5 years or so.

I am a bit rusty on latest technology so any advice is appreciated, I have a few laptops in mind and opinions on these systems would be good.

I use the laptop for mainly internet, admin stuff, watching movies and tv progs like on iplayer etc, I also listen to some music and play games but i am not a huge gamer so am not looking for a gaming system however if I wanted to play a game then it would be good to have some decent gfx to do so.

I have been solely looking at Asus & Toshiba as my old system was so reliable and I only had to repair the jack on it, these 2 brands come out on top of most reliable too.

Here are the 3 systems I have looked at,

click here

click here

click here

I have £800 to spend as I wanted something thats quite tech advanced for the next few years, its also a sort of desktop replacement so a bigish screen was a must, my old system had a 17 inch screen.

Any help is appreciated, thanks

The Kestrel 22:09 19 May 2010

What about this Dell laptop. click here~~ It's inside your budget and has a higher spec processor than either the Toshiba or Asus you are looking at.

chub_tor 11:46 20 May 2010

You have a duplicate thread running click here

naineysman 23:26 25 May 2010

for that money you want a macbook pro, no question.

Go to the Apple education site for a small discount.

click here

naineysman 23:27 25 May 2010

sorry that was a macbook link, macbook pro is about £940

tobeloy 21:31 27 May 2010

thanks for the suggestions and am going through them, I have decided against a mac, am now wondering if I will get more for my money by going for a lesser known brand and buying an extended warranty....I have to say though toshiba one of best around but dont get your money worth.....confused

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?