New keyboard for new build

AL47 00:30 16 Jan 2010

ive got a new computer to build since my laptop is no longer capable of anything graphically demanding [even dvds]

i have a wireless microsoft 7000 entertainment keyboard which i will use but id like a wired light up one for evening and playing games so theres no lag [happens sometimes on this if hasnt been touched for a while]

reccomendations?

ive looked at

saitek cyborg
logitech G15
razer lycosa

anything else worth looking at and any reccomendations?

Chris the Ancient 10:53 16 Jan 2010

I have the Saitek Eclipse III. I bought through one of the Amazon shops.

Bottom line? I love it.

Multimedia controls
Short cut buttons
Different colour/intensity back lighting (which the keyboard remembers the settings of - unlike the Eclipse II)
Lovely key action

Bottom line? I love it.

CtA

AL47 12:56 16 Jan 2010

thats basically the same as the cyborg saitek, so i guess build quality would be the same,

one of my biggest decisions is to go flat or bulky keys

i only use a bulky keyboard at work cause ive had my microsoft at home and a laptop one, which is better

AL47 16:12 17 Jan 2010

im gonna hold off on the wired keyboard for a bit, cause ive just seen the upgrade of the 7000 i already have and im gonna get it

the 8000
click here

Chris the Ancient 15:50 18 Jan 2010

That looks the bee's knees!

Speaking for myself, I never have managed to get the hang of curved keyboards, though.

AL47 20:14 18 Jan 2010

its the only one i could find thats blutooth and LED

my gf doesnt get on with them either [she can touch type, i cant]

AL47 11:51 20 Feb 2010

im resurrecting this thread

i recently went to the shops to try a few out, [could only try microsoft x6 and g15] did not like the x6

ive found i do need a wired one cause in some situations a blutooth one doesnt work [say if batteries die or a fresh install, and gf likes a standard layout for touch type]

so back to origianl question, recommendations for backlit wired keyboard

sunnystaines 12:04 20 Feb 2010

Looked at the 8000 when it first come out screenshots and write ups were all good but when i saw it on a shop display looked disappointing and was about £100 in price.

Chris the Ancient 12:26 20 Feb 2010

Another thing I noticed with the 8000... it has no numeric keypad - which has turned a few people away from it.

AL47 12:30 20 Feb 2010

i quite like my 8000 one [i did buy one], does the job of being a remote/keyboard in the dark

ive used a laptop for ages so dont miss the num pad

sunnystaines 16:23 20 Feb 2010

out of interest has the price dropped wondered how much they are now recession has kicked in.

what do you rate the good and bad points on it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Graphic tees: 14 best websites to find your next T-shirt

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017