new ipod video any good????

nar 15:42 21 Jan 2006

I'm considering buying the new ipod video but after the reviews of the nano etc and all the problems with the battery im wondering if its worth it.

Has anyone used it or know of anyone who has?

Or is there a better alternitive?

Many cheers

Minkey1 10:02 22 Jan 2006

I've tried them in Apple Stores and they are super. Latest PCA mag reviews this click here and says it's a better screen, supports more video formats, better battery, plus has FM and the ability to record from it, tho might be a tad dearer than the iPod.

A friend has just imported one in black (I think they're only just appearing in the UK) and I have to say it's superb. For me the killer difference is that you can just drag and drop. Creative don't supply content, unlike Apple & Sony, so don't force you to use their import software to protect their content rights.

Mike

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:41 22 Jan 2006

click here This leave the Iplod in the dark ages. Infinitely better and a larger screen, makes the Ipod look prehistoric.

G

Minkey1 12:45 22 Jan 2006

The Epson does look great, with vastly greater capacity, but costs substantially more. Also it's a two hander. Horses for courses I guess.

nar 12:49 22 Jan 2006

Mikey are you saying that the ipod is better than the vision or the other way around?

Jimmy05 12:50 22 Jan 2006

"I think they're only just appearing in the UK" They have actually ben in the UK since October 12 05.

It is OK but the battery only lasts 2 hours for video :( I did have one but returned it because the battery is too lo for me.

Minkey1 19:11 22 Jan 2006

I was saying the Vision is better (and the PCA review supported this) but if Jimmy has sent one back, I'll bow out !

bremner 19:18 22 Jan 2006

I was watching a movie on a colleagues iPod yesterday and was astonished at the quality.

The Epson looks good but at £430 but compared to the iPods £219 it is mighty expensive.

I don't see Steve Jobs losing any sleep just yet.

Burma 23:33 22 Jan 2006

I have a 30gb video - It is superb, picture quality excellent and battery life increased from 5th generation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017