New gaming PC ~£1000 budget

Rambochuck 17:29 04 Jan 2010

Hi all,

I am looking for a new gaming pc. I have decided against going with the big players (Dell etc) after bad experiences. However I am also cautious about purchasing from one of the smaller companies. Has anybody baught from Dino PC or Cyberpower?

I am interested in the DinoPC i7-Osaurus (click here)

and the Infinity i5 Achilles GT (click here)

The infinity features watercooling, does anybody know at my budget (~£1100) if that really makes much of a perfomance difference?

Would be greatful for any comments you may have, cheers

Matt Egan 17:45 04 Jan 2010

CyberPower reviews

click here

Rambochuck 17:53 04 Jan 2010

Cheers, should have found those before I posted.

Also does anybody know if cyberpower supply the OS disc with the PC (not some rubbish restore CD or partition?)

Also is it worth while purchasing with a credit card for extra protection?

thanks

KremmenUK 11:18 05 Jan 2010

If you want an OEM Win7 DVD with the PC then opt for a Novatech gaming PC plus seperate media.

iRush or iFire is within your budget.

OTT_Buzzard 14:47 05 Jan 2010

"The infinity features watercooling, does anybody know at my budget (~£1100) if that really makes much of a perfomance difference?"

Watercooling makes no difference to overall system performance. Watercooling tends is used when a PC has been heavily overclocked and requires additional cooling, or when the end user wants a quiter system. For the latter to be true, the right watercooling equiment needs to be used - some stuff can be quite noisy.

07patty 19:56 16 Feb 2010

You've probably ordered it by now, but for future readers it may be useful..

*Also does anybody know if cyberpower supply the OS disc with the PC (not some rubbish restore CD or partition?)

As far as i'm aware, i think they do. However, don't quote me on that, i think i just recall seeing it somewhere.

Also is it worth while purchasing with a credit card for extra protection?

*For a £1100 computer, then i'd say Yes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?