New desktop / Arbico / Windows 7

ZootHornRollo 08:51 06 Aug 2009

I am looking to buy a new PC soon and pc advisor recommends Arbico. They are a new name to me - has anyone got one and what are they like?

My old PC is an Evesham and I don't want to go to a high street / PC world type place as they generally don't offer value for money I feel. I am looking to spend say £1000 and want a PC that will run high end games well and do the normal word processing / web surfing things. Any suggestions for reliable providers?

And with Windows 7 about to appear is it best to wait for that before handing the cash over?.

red1977 09:19 06 Aug 2009

I bought from them in January. Machine has run fine, no worries at all. Upon delivery a component had worked loose (I definitely blame citylink but thats another story!). As I was in the area I dropped the machine into their shop and they fixed within the hour. Would definitely recommend.

GaT7 18:55 06 Aug 2009

"And with Windows 7 about to appear is it best to wait for that before handing the cash over?" - if you're thinking of Win7, purchase a PC without any OS at all, or one that comes with a free Win7 upgrade offer - many are offering the latter.

If going for the no OS route, use the free Win7 RC for now (downloads expire 20/08/09), & pre-order Win7 for ~£50 (offer expires 15/08/09). But be QUICK for both, especially the pre-order! Related links for both in this recent thread click here. G

citadel 22:12 06 Aug 2009

I would wait as dx11 graphics cards are due in 6 or 7 weeks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?