New Cougar customer

daveeb 00:44 15 Nov 2008

Further to my recent query of who to order from, i've just ordered a pc from Cougar. I've got a good feeling about this company and i'll post updates on progress when appropriate. For the record this is what I ordered. Useage mainly video conversion/authoring plus some mild/moderate gaming.

intel core 2 duo gamers 9600 (Intel core 2 Dou E8400 3.00 GHz 6Mb Cache, 2Gb Corsair Memory DDR2 800 2x1Gb, 160GB SATA Hard Drive, 750GB Secondary SATA HDD, Windtunnel Extreme Cooling, Corsair 450Watt PSU, 9600GT 512Mb graphics cards, QCE - Gigabyte GA-N650SLI-DS4 - 1333FSB-DDR2 800x4 SLI-nForce 650i, 2 x DVD+/- RW - 20X (pioneer 115D), No Floppy Disk Drive, No Monitor, Keyboard & Mouse Set Black and Silver, Integrated Sound Card, Intergrated Monitor Speakers, , Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Inc SP2, No Additional Software, , 13 Month Warranty, Free Carriage)

erkmatrix 15:42 16 Nov 2008

yeah I bought from them and can vouch they are very good and Mario is so easy to talk to if anything goes wrong or you are unsure about something, talks in a non techy way so people like me can understand. I would buy from them again for sure

ronalddonald 23:44 17 Nov 2008

there good and you get your moneys worth. Had my system from them since Aoril this year.

daveeb 10:42 18 Nov 2008

Well payment has been accepted 2 days after the order was placed. I opted for Saturday delivery but no mention yet of which Saturday the delivery will be. I'll probably ring later in the week to confirm.

daveeb 15:45 21 Nov 2008

Just got an e-mail from Cougar to say the machine will arrive tomorrow (I opted for Saturday delivery but i'm pleasantly surprised to hear it will be this Saturday-only a week after ordering).

tillybaby 19:00 21 Nov 2008

Hi daveeb,

I'm sure you'll be pleased when the computer arrives,

Isn't it great when a firm keeps you informed of exactly what's happening etc.?

g0nvs 19:57 21 Nov 2008

I saw a courier's van leave Cougar's shop this afternoon, I'll bet your machine was on board !!

daveeb 22:42 21 Nov 2008

@g0vns

I hope he was driving carefully, 20 mph all the way should get him here just in time for a leisurely breakfast first.

daveeb 23:56 21 Nov 2008

@ tillybaby

Yes they've been excellent so far. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

daveeb 13:03 22 Nov 2008

Well the pc arrived at 7.30 am. Well packaged.
The case is a bit of a beast as i expected, great for cooling. Fired up with no problems. Even had me named as the user. A nice touch.

Despite other peoples experiences I was charged for using a credit card, but I can't complain as they clearly state that this will happen.

So far my only minor gripe is that I was given an asrock motherboard rather than the gigabyte one i asked for. To be fair it is a slight upgrade and maybe the one i asked for wasn't in stock.

Overall verdict (after half an hour) EXCELLENT.

On this basis I would recommend Cougar without hesitation.

Shuffty 19:05 22 Nov 2008

Did you give them the option to substitute the mobo or did they just do it?. If they did then I would not recommend or deal with any company that delivered to me what I had not ordered and also charged for using a credit card.

That said I wish you well with your new pc and hope the half hour extends to many years

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?