New computer base unit required, any recommends!

Saltyseadog 17:35 30 Apr 2007

I'm looking at replacing my computer base unit, I don't require monitor/keyboard etc but would prefer the other bells and whistles i.e. dual core/ reasonable graphics card and hard drive etc. preferably no more than £400. Any ideas, all helpful suggestions greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

MrNerdy 17:45 30 Apr 2007

Well if you just want a base unit have you thought of a DIY build?
If not have a look at Novatech click here if you can't see what you want ring them up, they have 'real' people on the phones to!!

Totally-braindead 19:15 30 Apr 2007

A DIY build will cost more but its fun to learn and it can make you more confident about repairs/upgrades.
If not then I would also recommend Novatech, their customer service is second to none and their PCs are all standard components.
For your budget perhaps this one click here admitadly with Vista Premium its £60 over budget but its a reasonable graphics card or for dead on budget click here though the graphics card is poor but could be upgraded later if you wish.
Both are dual core but not the better Core 2 Duo.

phoenix198 22:28 30 Apr 2007

Usually, although not in all cases, you can tweak the systems offered on Mesh, Evesham and other websites to remove the peripherals, monitors, keyboards, etc.

That said, I would also cast a vote for Novatech - they really are pretty good, and offer very good customer care.

Probabilitydrive 07:43 01 May 2007

I hav ordered a base unit from evesham - reason; they have a very good and reliable customer service and I was able to configure the unit to my exact specs.

Having expressed my personal preference, there are many more system builderes offering what you are looking for. have a look at this thread: click here

Jack Smith 09:01 01 May 2007

Hi i have just ordered a base unit from click here and it was really well priced, probably the cheapest out there plus they have a live chat facility on their website so you can talk to a real person by internet or phone. They were realyl helpfull with ordering and it was really easy.

jack

Stuartli 11:46 01 May 2007

This company is also first class and with quick delivery:

click here

Jack Smith 12:04 01 May 2007

l

grumpygramp 13:43 01 May 2007

Check out novatech.com .they have a variety of motherboard bundles ,and other partial built offerings .

project 90 16:41 01 May 2007

in all fairness if u get no bugs or a bug u can sort yourself, then mesh pc's are fine and you can build a custom base unit.

and besides there customer service is the best :S LOL!!!

Totally-braindead 17:28 01 May 2007

project 90 are you saying Mesh customer service is the best?
That does not seem to be the general opinion.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?