New build suggestions

MrNewName 11:28 30 May 2010

I am looking to put together a budget system which will be used mostly for photography work - mostly with Lightroom and perhaps a little Photoshop if I can ever afford it.

What I am looking at is the following:

click here Processor: Athlon II X4 630 Quad Core

click here Motherboard: Asus M4A78LT-M AMD 760G

href="click here RAM: OCZ Gold 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-10066 C9 1333MHz Dual Channel Kit

click here Case

Comes in at £280

Any comments on how this will work together or alternatives from Novatech? It has to be from NT as I have some vouchers to use with them.

Many thanks, Kevin

MrNewName 11:29 30 May 2010

Should have added that I already have a couple of SATA hard drives and IED optical drives which I wish to use, along with keyboard, mouse, monitor etc.

MrNewName 11:56 01 Jun 2010

Bump... any thoughts?

Cheers.

gfox101 20:01 01 Jun 2010

Looks good. At a good price as well. If you want to save a bit i'd go for a cheaper case. Make sure it comes with (or you supply) at least 450w PSU. Most cases dont come with anything special so its a matter of taste.

Only thing I would suggest is getting a graphics card, something like the ATI 4670 would do the job fine but you might want something a bit more powerful.

click here

Hope it all goes well.

MrNewName 20:16 01 Jun 2010

Thanks - your response is much appreciated.

I don't need a powerful graphics card - it will not be used for gaming, only some photo manipulation and perhaps some video encoding. Still, it seems that it will be helpful to have a dedicated card so as to free system resources.

scousejen 10:16 02 Jun 2010

click here

have a look at this one - little bit more money but if you contact them they will be able to remove and alter the spec to what you want so may end up cheaper!

MrNewName 15:56 03 Jun 2010

Thanks for the suggestion; the purchase has to be from Novatech though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017