New £100- memory improvement game station?

erauser 20:50 31 Oct 2006

Have recently seen articles refering to a new game station (?) costing around £100-, which has proved a big hit in Japan for helping to sharpen your memory. Does anyone know what it is called and have any comments on it?

Erauser

citadel 15:24 01 Nov 2006

there is nintendo brain training, don't know if that's the one.

FreeCell 17:05 01 Nov 2006

click here

Runs on Nintendo DS.

sean-278262 17:57 01 Nov 2006

Tried it myself I didnt like it. The game felt very 5+ in the style.

There are other cheaper ways to sharpen your mind. Simple things like soduku and other similar challenges to get your brain working will do the trick.

sean-278262 18:10 01 Nov 2006

That is not to say by the way that it doesnt work. I only tried it out but I dont see a reason to pay several hundred pounds when there are plenty of other options.

Things such as the freebee psychometric testing set and the IQ test software in PCA last year would do a similar level of work. It isnt the actual tests that are making your memory work better it is the fact that you are using your brain for more than just sitting about. Even tasks such as simply spending times duscussing things on forums would get your brain working. An in depth discussion will get your langauge skills, memory and concentration up above normal.

Really just try things and see how they do.

FreeCell 18:36 01 Nov 2006

click here

Best price for Nintendo ds games machine (Unless someone else can find one cheaper?)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?