Netgear - superb support

howard64 19:11 19 Aug 2007

I have been totally impressed with netgear. I used their support contact to ask if a fault I have could be a faulty router or wrong setting on Saturday early evening. They replied almost immediately late Saturday evening with suggestions for settings to change. I replied to them Sunday pm and got further suggestions virtually by return. Support on a Sunday - free - I cannot imagine this happening in this country.

Spark6 20:17 19 Aug 2007

It is always a pleasure to read a post like yours. I've had a similar experience in my dealings with Belkin and am more than happy to recommend them.

ajm 20:39 19 Aug 2007

I am in complete agreement with you. A couple or so years back I had a netgear DG834 router fail on me. I called their support line on a Satuday night and after speaking to their support line, it was confirmed that the router was faulty and a new one will be sent out within the next 7-14 days.

Two days later, on Monday, DHL dropped a new one to replace the faulty one! This is what I call service. Ever since then, I have always purchased or recommended Netgear products to family,friends, etc.

BJN 08:41 20 Aug 2007

Yes Netgear are the best for support I to had a similar problem to howard64, new router supplied within days and a free returns label supplied for the old router.

Netgear give you 2 options for the exchange of a faulty router free delivery within 7-14 days or if you wish a next day delivery you can pay a £10 charge the choice is yours. They will charge you for any old faulty router not returned within 30 day, this stops anyone obtaining a free replacement and not returning a non faulty router.

Netgear are number one for customer support and equipment is first class, I've a friend who's telephone line is not good quality (noise margin 1db download) and a Netgear DG834 can obtain a faultless connection on a 2mb service.Other routers don't even connect with such a low noise margin.

Bj

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?