Netgear Customer Service - Excellent

fitshase 09:38 16 Jun 2003

I have a wireless router (Netgear FM114P). When I decided to do a bit of spring cleaning in the computer room, I unplugged all of the computer system / printers / etc., and cleaned the room.

Upon plugging everything back in, the print server function on the router refused to work. As I bought it from Dabs.com in December last year, I contacted them for a returns number. They sent me an e-mail to say:-

"Netgear deal direct on warranty issues and are available on 020 7216 0014, please supply a caller ref number should you need to get back to us."

I phoned this number, spoke to a guy (who, by the accent, was French) and he asked me a couple of questions. It was then that he gave me a case number and told me that I would have a new router within a couple of days. Total phone call - under 10 minutes.

That was on Friday. The new router has arrived this morning (9am) and is now set up and working (as I am posting this message). The print server function is working fine too - tested it first thing.

All I need to do now is to send my old broken router back to them.

If only all companies were this good.

I bought an Actiontec wireless PCMCIA card at the same time as the router and that developed problems after about 2 months. I had to send that back to Dabs.com and wait 6 weeks to get a new one.

A word to anyone looking to buy a router or similar device - BUY NETGEAR!

Regards

Fitshase
(with a smile on his face this monday morning!)

ajm 10:30 16 Jun 2003

Similar thing happened to me. Called Netgear on a Friday night. Call was routed to their centre in Delhi, India.

The product that was faulty was the Netgear DG814 Router. After a 10-15 minutes talk trying toi detrmine the fault, it was arrived to to the conclusion that the DG814 was faulty and a replacement will be sent out.

Monday morning at 7:30 am, the new Router arrived!!!

Thats what i call service.!!!

rickf 21:23 16 Jun 2003

Yep! The same thing happened to me with a DG814 about a yr. ago. They were and it seems excellent. The prob is I have still got the faulty one because they did not give me a return address to send it too. Its just sitting on the shelf.

dirtyh 22:41 16 Jun 2003

had to call their helpline,no waiting very pleasant and helpfull.
had my router up and running in 5 min's USER error).
very good service

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?