neeno

neeno 01:20 04 May 2007

Hi all,
Ive the same problem with useless Royal Mail. On 16th April 07, The laptop i purchased from a ebay seller was posted, it cost me £321 + £15 p+p (total £336). It was posted near inverness, i live in norfolk by RM standard parcel service. It has not arrived. I do have a copy of the certificate of posting (seller has got the original). I tried phoning RM customer service, that's a game as its hard to speak to a adviser. The only way is to keep pressing 0, and eventually you'll get to speak to adviser They don't care, just sorry and after 15 days put in a claim which 1s a miserable measly £34. That's taking the Pee!!. They also said to me, once claim has got there, they will try to find it and a good chance of doing so (how convenient), so they wont have to payout. There is apparently a Lost letter and parcel centre based in Belfast where there is a good chance that is there it is now. How ridiculous is that? How can they lose a parcel with my correct full address and the senders clearly written on it??. Today i sent off claim that i got from RM website. I'm hoping for the best. I'm thinking of going to a
solicitor and even court. Can anyone please advise? I want laptop or my £336 fully refunded.

ICF 06:48 04 May 2007

Why didn't you ask for insured postage on such an expensive purchase?

Your in a fix now all you can do is submit the claims form and wait because you have accepted the terms of postage with your original purchase.

itg 08:42 04 May 2007

as an ebay seller i would not dream of offering a service for expensive items that is not tracked or does not have compensation.

The seller should deal with Royal Mail.

spuds 11:04 04 May 2007
  neeno 11:48 04 May 2007

Thanks all,
In the listing at the bottom in the postage section it stated 'other courier'. To me that sounds like a courier firm like DHL for instants. By the time I found out out, he had already posted it 2 days before my personal cheque had cleared. I have been emailing seller. He has been trying to help. I dont really know if he has posted it , but i think so. I have opened a dispute consule on ebay.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?