Need something to browse the web.

Awshum 22:10 29 Oct 2009

Basically I want something to attach to a TV to browse the Internet, running Windows XP or better. I was thinking a slim PC to fit under the TV like a DVD player or cable box would. My problem is what I am finding online is overkill, does anyone have any suggestions? My TV is a 2in1 Monitor+TV with VGA and DVI slots.

Thank you for any advice

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:23 30 Oct 2009

Laptop+wireless.

G

Awshum 10:33 30 Oct 2009

It would work out too expensive and we already have computers and laptops. I was looking for maybe a "cheap" slim PC base and then going to connect a wireless keyboard and mouse to it. Don't need streaming capability, big hard drive or memory as there's already a VM cable box and PS3 connected.

I just want something that can serve me my email and web needs from the entertainment room. It's just something extra and my budget is less than £200. My problem is all the slim PCs I can find are housing expensive components.

Thank you anyway.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:39 30 Oct 2009

If you already have a laptop why not just connect it to the TV with a VGA lead (as I do)? Use this to control it.....click here and for £30 you will be set up.

G

Awshum 11:02 30 Oct 2009

I like that keyboard and I have considered using the laptop but I think I'd like something stationary.

AL47 20:16 07 Dec 2009

netbook?

Awshum 14:06 10 Dec 2009

Forgot about this thread. I have since bought a laptop and subsequently returned it, well it's awaiting collection. ;)

GaT7 15:38 10 Dec 2009

Why did you return it? If you don't mind me asking. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone