Need new lcd monitor

the Rascal 13:04 03 Jan 2010

I wander if someone of the forum can help,I'm lookin for a wide screen monitor to replace my old tft.I'm not a a gamer, and am lookin for something either 20 or 22 inch for around £100-£130.I would just like to go in a store and bye it, rather than order on line as i live in a flat.
So,i have looked through the mainstraem stores online but couldn't decide which one was best for the money,
If anyone could recommend something i would be very gratefull

100andthirty 16:27 03 Jan 2010

At PC world there's a fair range; look at their web site. HP, LG and Samsung would be on my list if i were buying. There seem to be three resolutions 1680x1050, 1600x900 and 1920x1080. The latter, by HP is £140 which, to me seems a bargain. However it has only a 1 year warranty whereas others might have three year warranties. There's also an Acer 22.5" which might have a 2-year warranty

you can use the PC World web site to reserve stock so as to make sure what you want is available when you get to the store

sunnystaines 17:00 03 Jan 2010

look at the samsung ones

harry12 18:59 03 Jan 2010

check out Ebuyer ttp://click here come with 3year warranty.

ame 22:37 03 Jan 2010

Perhaps better to buy online and collect in-store if you must. As well as PC World/Currys (same company) John Lewis, Carphone Warehouse and Argos have this facility. Check their websites to see if anything suits.

the Rascal 05:29 04 Jan 2010

Thanks very much for everones input its very much appreciated,i will probably go for 100andthirty;s suggestion,thanks again

exdragon 08:38 04 Jan 2010

I've just bought an LG 20 inch from PC World (W2043S), looks fine, £110. They also have the 22 inch for £130. I would have got one from John Lewis, but they only had a couple. I wanted it as a secondary monitor, my other one is a 22 inch Samsung.

Input Overload 10:54 04 Jan 2010

As sunnystaines The Samsung are very nice. I bought one a few months ago after my LG flat screen caught fire. I'm really pleased with it, & others have commented on the image quality.

Whatever you get if your graphics card gives you the option use the Digital output it does make a difference esp with small text, & high quality images.

Terry Brown 11:13 04 Jan 2010

I recenly bought a very nice one from MISCO, for under £100, . If you do not want it delivered to your flat, they will deliver it to your local post office ( I believe there is a small fee), where you can collect it when you are ready.

Other companies may do the same Ask!.

Terry

Input Overload 16:30 04 Jan 2010

Carrying from Terry Brown, MISCO send a nice catalogue full of temptation. It's worth signing up for.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache