Need M$ Outlook

wee eddie 23:12 17 Mar 2009

However my current copy of Office XP 2002 is an Upgrade and I no longer have the original Office '95 Cd's.

If I buy a copy of the latest version of M$ Office, will the previous "Upgrade" Copy of Office XP 2002 act as a Qualifying Copy?

interzone55 09:28 18 Mar 2009

Not normally.

Upgrade copies generally don't qualify you for further upgrades, and your Office 95 licence won't qualify you either.

From click here

"Qualifying products for upgrade: Microsoft Works 6.0–10; Microsoft Works suite 2000–2006 or later; any 2000–2007 Microsoft Office program or suite except Office 2003 Student and Teacher or Office Home and Student 2007; any Microsoft Office XP suite except Office XP Student and Teacher."

If all you need is Outlook, why not buy an OEM copy of Office Basic, it's not that easy to find, but there are copies out there...

wee eddie 09:40 18 Mar 2009

I read that, that's why I asked.

I shall have to mail them to see. It puts the cost of Upgrading this PC, rather than replacing it, into the shade.

I don't know of any program that can make sense of, and use, the ".pst" files, as an alternative to Outlook. I know that there are lots of alternative Programs that I may use for my e-mail etc, it's just that the time required to transpose the material, within Outlook, is prohibitive.

I am Spartacus 09:55 18 Mar 2009

I have a copy of Outlook 2002/XP with the Product Key sticker you can have. It came with a mobile phone I bought a few years ago but I never installed it.

Send me your details and it will be in the post today if you want it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?