Need help choosing a graphics Card

damondademon 14:07 13 Dec 2006

I own a Advent T9106 MCE desktop PC and am a keen gamer but a novice when it comes to upgrades.
I was hoping anyone could help me with some advice on a graphics card upgrade,
At the moment i have a Nvidia Ge force 6200se with turbo cache and i think it is a pci-express card(64mb).i wanting a card that will play most of the latest 3d games and that will run on my PC,
any help will be much appreciated. thanks

citadel 15:22 13 Dec 2006

7600gt, 7900gt depending on how much you can afford. When buying cards avoid anything with se or le at the end of the cards number as these are weak versions.

Totally-braindead 15:37 13 Dec 2006

Firstly you must make sure what your computer actually has. If it has PCI Express then thats the card you have to buy. Without going beserk on graphics and you don't mention a budget then I would suggest a Nvidia 7600GS or if you have a bit more cash a 7600GT. Of course if you can spend more you can get more it depends on budget. A 7600GS would come in about £90 a 7600GT perhaps £120.

Another thing I must mention is power supply. Newer cards require a seperate power supply as well and depending on what rating of power supply you have in your PC you might need a more powerful one. Its something else you have to take into account.

Totally-braindead 19:15 13 Dec 2006

Either would be a huge improvement on what you have by the way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?