Need expert advice in choosing a new motherboard

revenance 05:00 14 May 2010

Hi All,

I am in need for your expert advice in purchasing a new motherboard since it is the cause for the computer to stop functioning.

I have searched the net and I found out that the Gigabyte motherboards offers more when it comes to durability particullarly the capacitors.

I also found out that the G41 series of the Gigabyte motherboards is one of the latest. Can you please give some motherboard that is up-to-date or was just released last year. My previous desktop has a DDR2 RAM and an Intel Dual Core processor. Regarding the specific type of processor, I am yet to identify what it is so I will just search if the motherboards you will give me is compatible with my processor.

Thanks in advance!

ICF 07:11 14 May 2010

Download SIW (System Information for Windows)
this will tell you what CPU you installed and help other to give you advice on your new system

click here

jakimo 11:15 15 May 2010

You would get more responce if you posted in the "Helproom Forum"

jack 10:41 16 May 2010

However whether you stick here or move over more information is needed.
What is your experience in rebuilding existing machines.?
What is the make for your 'sick' machine?
The motherboard/processor/Ram are a careful match and simply moving away from the original specification almost certainly put you into an expensive loop for buying bits'n'pices that simply do not go together.

I suggest you look at 'Motherboard' bundles that come with board,processor and RAM all matched and tested.
Another word of warning here ,there is a connectivity issue here too.
The out going standard is IDE for drives etc., the new one is ATA or SATA-get the wrong board and your existing drives will not connect up

Take a look at click here for products and information

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Graphic tees: 14 best websites to find your next T-shirt

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017