Need another Homeplug

Graham. 23:36 27 Jan 2011

I have bought a pair from Argos to access BBCiPlayer in the Orangery click here

It works so well I would like another for the Lounge TV, but where can I buy one?

Muergo 23:43 27 Jan 2011

Maplin sell single Devolos, should be same frequency but you can take it back if it doesn't work.

Graham. 10:09 28 Jan 2011

I've bid on one off eBay click here

It says refurbished and has continental plug with UK adaptor, but if it works...

The Kestrel 12:58 28 Jan 2011

Ebuyer do a range of homeplugs click here

Tim1964 23:00 28 Jan 2011

£90 for a pair of 200mbps................Ouch!!

Ebuyer, as suggested above.

Graham. 23:38 31 Jan 2011

The seller has opened a case to cancel the transaction, no reason given. My Paypal payment has been refunded.

The seller still has the same items listed. My eBay rating is excellent.

I have declined the cancellation. I have requested a reason for the cancellation, it is very puzzling.

The Kestrel 09:39 01 Feb 2011

Graham, it could be simply that the seller didn't obtain the price he wanted and is using the cancellation as a way out. I know it shouldn't happen but sellers can get away with it!

Why not cut your losses and get an adapter for a lower price with this Belkin on special offer at Ebuyer click here

Graham. 10:05 01 Feb 2011

You could be right. Here are the items click here

I bid £34.99, won the item and paid for it. If he is risking his ratings for the sake of a fiver more fool him. If he does this regularly, eBay should take action. Why didn't he simply refuse my bid?

Graham. 10:34 01 Feb 2011

He's got loads of negative feedback, one interestingly uses the phrase 'False Auction' click here

Graham. 10:58 01 Feb 2011

Thanks for Ebuyer link, it uses the same encryption as Netgear. I'll let the dust settle on eBay then buy one of those.

Graham. 12:22 01 Feb 2011

I've ordered one from Ebuyer. Good price, but their delivery charges are quite steep.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?