Need Advice on Remote Support Providers

gosser 10:03 27 Aug 2013

Hi,

I’m after the names of some established IT support providers for ‘home’ users that I can just pay a monthly fee in case either my desktop or my Wife’s laptop have any problems.

If there are any companies that you would recommend (or recommend I avoid!) it would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Jeff

alanrwood 10:57 27 Aug 2013

Agreed with Jock1e. Get a disk cloning program ie Acronis, O&O Disk Image or similar. Make a clone of your active hard drive and store it on an external device ie a DVD or external hard drive etc but NOT on the same physical hard drive. You get some other uses as well such as a sheduled hard drive back up of whatever you want.

alanrwood 10:57 27 Aug 2013

Agreed with Jock1e. Get a disk cloning program ie Acronis, O&O Disk Image or similar. Make a clone of your active hard drive and store it on an external device ie a DVD or external hard drive etc but NOT on the same physical hard drive. You get some other uses as well such as a scheduled hard drive back up of whatever you want.

alanrwood 10:58 27 Aug 2013

Sorry the double post. This site is so slow this morning I thought the first had failed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?