Need Advice on Remote Support Providers

gosser 10:03 27 Aug 2013

Hi,

I’m after the names of some established IT support providers for ‘home’ users that I can just pay a monthly fee in case either my desktop or my Wife’s laptop have any problems.

If there are any companies that you would recommend (or recommend I avoid!) it would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Jeff

alanrwood 10:57 27 Aug 2013

Agreed with Jock1e. Get a disk cloning program ie Acronis, O&O Disk Image or similar. Make a clone of your active hard drive and store it on an external device ie a DVD or external hard drive etc but NOT on the same physical hard drive. You get some other uses as well such as a sheduled hard drive back up of whatever you want.

alanrwood 10:57 27 Aug 2013

Agreed with Jock1e. Get a disk cloning program ie Acronis, O&O Disk Image or similar. Make a clone of your active hard drive and store it on an external device ie a DVD or external hard drive etc but NOT on the same physical hard drive. You get some other uses as well such as a scheduled hard drive back up of whatever you want.

alanrwood 10:58 27 Aug 2013

Sorry the double post. This site is so slow this morning I thought the first had failed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?