NEC Multisync 90GX2, any good?

Nirok 15:55 09 Jan 2006

Hi, I am wanting to buy the best gaming LCD monitor out there, as I am at uni, and a CRT is tooo heavy and big to lug around. I have seen this Multisync 90GX2 monitor, but cant find one review on it, so wondering if it is any good, otherwise which is the very best LCD monitor for gaming and DVDs? Also are widescreen LCDs any good? Thanks

ShalafiStudios 13:21 12 Jan 2006

I recently bought a 17" LCD LG Flatron 1715S or something from Argos for £170 appx (It was a christmas present). Take a look on their site as it is a decent monitor and with a good graphics card it works with pristine graphics.

rmcqua 13:50 12 Jan 2006

Nirok
I'm sure it's good but I recently bought a Samsung 19" with 4ms refresh time and 700:1 contrast ratio for quite a bit £ less than the NEC.
I am absolutely delighted with the Samsung. Its image quality is stunning (not just my biased opinion - evryone who sees it comments similarly).
Happy hunting!

Stuartli 18:36 12 Jan 2006

It doesn't sound as though the LG would have a DVI output for that price judging by its other models at around the same price.

Stuartli 18:40 12 Jan 2006

My son has just acquired one of these at £187 delivered (19in and 12nms):

click here

Includes DVI cable and he states the image is very crisp. Just one dead red pixel in a corner.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?