Nebula Electronics Faulty Item

strichenloon 20:08 27 Apr 2008

I purchased a TV card directly from Nebula Electronics back in June 2007. On arrival I found that the item was faulty as it would not search for channels. I tried it out on several PC's and a friends PC and his aerial setup and still no channel search. I used Nebula's support page and sent out three emails through their technical email contact and heard nothing. A couple months later I then sent out two letters to their head office about my complaint and still no responce. I then waited till December and finally took the step of sending a registered letter in the strongest terms about their after sales service, the lack of responce to my email and letters and still no responce.
I am deeply suspicious of Nebula as well as they only supply an email support address and a postal address and there is NO contact phone number. I have been very patient and I feel I have been ripped off.
Can anyone offer some advice or has had similar experiences from this company.

MAT ALAN 20:30 27 Apr 2008

click here

try them under Nebula Media Solutions Ltd.

have to say don't think you will get any sort of resolve from this company, book it down to experience and buy another from a reputable online retailer...

ICF 16:15 28 Apr 2008

How did you pay? Aren't you protected if you paid with a credit card.

Forum Editor 19:18 28 Apr 2008

That was a big mistake. You waited far too long, and unless you have proof of delivery of your letters you may have to chalk this up to experience. I doubt that the phrase 'ripped off' applies here, the card was most likely faulty.

Send a special delivery letter to the company addressed to the Sales Director. Special delivery is guaranteed to be delivered before midday on the next working day, and must be signed for.

strichenloon 20:03 28 Apr 2008

Many thanks for all your advice. I accept I have left it a bit long as I originally gave up hope but it was due to some advice given by a friend to still persue it as you can't pay someone £74 and forget it. Fortunately, as suggested, my last letter was Special Delivery and I still hold the receipt back on the 12 of December. Do you think I should still continue this? Would notifying my credit card company do any good bearing the circumstances?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?