myhelpline.net

lihp 10:54 11 Nov 2006

My daughter recently went to uni so I bought her a laptop from laptopsdirect. All ok and very good service. Laptopsdirect recommended I purchase some form of technical support for her and suggested a subscription to myhelpline.net. Sounded like a good idea so joined up. Oh dear! This morning their 24x7 web site is down and all their phone lines are clogged. Let's hope this is only temporary. But just a warning to those thinking of joining up. As a footnote I know you guys (and gals) can provide the same if not better service for free but I thought how reassuring it would be for my daughter to have direct help and assistance. How wrong I might be!

vinnyT 11:51 11 Nov 2006

I've just tried, no luck, but maybe just their server that is down, give a couple of days.

As your daughter is at uni, the uni should have an IT dept. that will prob help, if needed. Or tell her to find a geek (;0), who will be delighted to help for a few pints (or a pot noodle).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How secure is your Wi-Fi?

AMD vs Intel: we put the most powerful desktops for designers and artists head-to-head

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017