My Rights

Forum Member2 21:01 11 Apr 2008

Dear All,

Have a bit of a problem that I hope you can help me with. I brought Imation 100CD-R on a spindle holder from amazon.co.uk. It arrived but the spindle was broken and 3CD-R were in pieces. I did not drop or throw the parcel and it was not even in a cardboard box. It was wrapped in plastic I've sent it back to them,but I'm scared they will blame me

does anybody know my rights?

Forum Member 2

GaT7 21:17 11 Apr 2008

I reckon they'll believe you. Though obvious, did you include a written note with the reason for return?

Next time I suggest you first email their support with the problem. They usually reply with an RMA number & you take it from there. G

P.S. On second thoughts, if it's only 3 broken next time just ask me nicely & I'll send you 3x CD-Rs (not Imation though) for free :-)

spuds 22:02 11 Apr 2008

Your rights click here

As Crossbow7 stated, you should have notified Amazon before you sent the item back. Amazon would have dealt with this in an amicable way.

I don't know what you paid for the spindle, but I normally pay very little for 100, and in a case of three broken ones (or coasters) I would have put it down to experience, it would have been perhaps cheaper and more convenient.

MAT ALAN 22:03 11 Apr 2008

Cheapest on amazon including P/P £13:10 which equates to 13 pence each,i know there are principles involved but sometimes, is it really worth the hassle of sending them back!!!

Forum Member2 22:08 11 Apr 2008

I have notified Amazon before sending it , I went to my account and then clicked on the order reference and hit return I typed the reason and it printed off a label and barcode and i followed the instructions. I would of kept it but the base of the spindle got attached from the rod and the plastic that it normally around the bottom was undone, they sent my a product if bad condition that is why I sent it back. I did not pay for postage. The best thing I found was if you want a replacement from them you have to pay for that even before they recieve the broken goods.

Thank you all for your help, i will keep you posted on this matter until the very end

Forum Member 2

Pamy 22:09 11 Apr 2008

Did you not see the state of them through the plastic when the delivery driver handed them to you? and pointed it out to him/her

Forum Member2 22:10 11 Apr 2008

I was at school when they where delivered and the person at home, the plastic was grey do unless you opened it you could not see the damage

Forum Member 2

Forum Member2 22:20 11 Apr 2008

This is a newer version of my post above

I was at school when they where delivered and the person at home recived it , the plastic was grey so unless you would have opened it you could not seen the damage

Forum Member 2

Pamy 22:30 11 Apr 2008

Hope they signed for it as "Unchecked", this will probably not matter in this case but something to remember in future

Forum Member2 22:31 11 Apr 2008

I am sorry but i didn't really understand

Hope they signed for it as "Unchecked",

Forum Member 2

Pamy 22:41 11 Apr 2008

usually when a parcell is delivered the driver asks you to sign for it, (sometimes they will not leave it without a signature) When you sign for it on their machine, always write "Unchecked" as you will find that most times you are signing to say it was delivered in good condition.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017