My JAL Computer

onokeck 21:39 23 Dec 2004

Ref. my thread of 27/11/04 regarding buying from a 'not so well known company'. My system was delivered as promised at the time promised and although it took some time to set up (they don't give you something to unbox and play)I have been very pleased with my Jal system. It seems to be well built and has been 'humming' along merrily for a month now. I have only needed to contact tech support once (due to my stupidity about DVDs) and they were helpful and friendly. One thing I liked was that their tech support did not seem to be a hyped up, in your face type operation like some. They got a technician from the floor and he answered my questions without making me feel like a dumb-ass. The speaker system provided is great (Altec Lansing) and the Nero 6 is a treat to work with. All in all I am very happy with my purchase and I can strongly recommend it.
It seems with their lower volume sales they at least have time to put things together properly and get their tech support in line with your needs. As a matter of interest it came with windows XP and they even provided the disk! I have never been provided with the system disk on any of my previous computers. As a matter of fact they provided the disks for all the software.
I hope this may be of some benefit to anyone considering a new pc. At least give them a look.
Casey

Forum Editor 07:27 24 Dec 2004

It's good to know that smaller companies can (and do) provide service of this quality.

Enjoy your new computer.

The Spires 09:57 24 Dec 2004

casey your comments have been noted. :-)

matherelli 10:14 24 Dec 2004

Point noted and may well be acted upon. Happy Christmas and happy computing. Sound system sounds good, will check it out.

€dstowe 13:06 24 Dec 2004

JAL computers are at click here

Just an independent plug for them as they have been found good. I don't have any connection with the company but I do like to encourage the small businesses (I own one myself).

Starfox 14:18 24 Dec 2004

Thanks for that casey,one of my pc's is due for replacement after Christmas and Jal Computers has gone to the top of my list.

Enjoy you new computer and merry Christmas,

Starfox.

PhilMeIn 15:30 24 Dec 2004

I have known Jal for over 3 years , since buying my 1st comp with them. In the new year on Jan 8th
i will be collecting my new one from them , Pc Advisors rated 4th Budget Pc , but i am having the upgrades to it , Athlon 64 3400+ , 1 Gb Ram , and Sound Audigy 2 Zs . I can only praise them for the service they give , and its great to go in the shop and see the comp displays , and speak to people who have time for you , and great after service warranty , not an extra cost !! .
Merry christmas to all ....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?