My Ford fiesta burst in flames

ICF 07:41 22 Oct 2006

My 05 reg Ford fiesta 1.6 TDCi Ghia burst into flames yesterday on my drive.

How do I find out the MD of ford UK and a contact info.

ICF 08:11 22 Oct 2006

Some pictures below. I only bought this car January 2006 and it was registered in march 2005

click here
click here
click here

wiz-king 08:16 22 Oct 2006

to contact the MD.
Your first call should be to your insurance company, followed by a call to the dealer you bought the car from to arrange for an inspection to determine the fault. If you are a member of the AA or RAC the can also get a report done, as can your insurance company.

Do some web searches to see if it has been a known problem with that model of car.

A search of Fords website should give you the name and office address of the company officers.

ICF 08:53 22 Oct 2006

Yes I have already contacted the insurance company.

def90csw 08:55 22 Oct 2006

Looks like either a faulty fuel hoze or a major electrical failure within the dashboard/engine area.

ICF 09:06 22 Oct 2006

The fireman said it had started under the bonnet and most likely cause was an electrical fault.

dagbladet 09:12 22 Oct 2006

"How do I find out the MD of ford UK and a contact info."

Took me 5 mouse clicks to be looking at his profile on my screen. Bet you can work it out. Go on, give it a bash.

ICF 09:19 22 Oct 2006

dagbladet

Thanks for the sarcasm I store it up for the next time you need help.

Zaphod 3 09:27 22 Oct 2006

I used to work for Vauxhall, if this sort of thing happened they were normally very quick off the mark to find out what happened. Ford I believe are very similar.

They no doubt have a customer assistance centre, it is them you should contact after you have contacted your local Ford dealer. With any luck you'll get a nice new car out from them.

GroupFC 09:31 22 Oct 2006

You have my sympathy for your misfortune - but what exactly do you expect the MD of Ford UK, to do?

He is unlikely to be able to tell you why it happened and (much as you might wish!) unlikely to give you a new car!

Zaphod 3 09:35 22 Oct 2006

The MD won't but their Aftersales types probably will.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?