My Experiance with PC OPTION

megamick 09:50 10 Jun 2008

I ordered a medium spec machine from PC option, having read the advert saying delivered within 7 days. But guess what 7 days came and went after Emailing them someone called Tim called on Thursday 5th, saying the machine was built and they were doing a ram test and he would call back the following day to confirm Monday as the delivery date but no phone call received. Monday came and went No delivery, having read the vast number of people in the same boat as me in PC Advisor I have doubts about receiving the machine or getting my cash refunded.I am now ordering a same spec machine from a locally sourced company called GOLD CHIP @ click here. This company reminds me of The Hustlers program what a CON.

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:24 10 Jun 2008

Call me cynical but why would you order and pay for another computer before receiving a refund or your original computer? You are not connected perchance to the company whose link you gave, are you?

G

ened 16:56 10 Jun 2008

Even if that is not the case, this is where people come for help: what help is required here?

rossgolf 16:59 10 Jun 2008

not necessarily help on this part of the forum. read the blurb at the top of the consumerwatch homepage

Forum Editor 18:14 10 Jun 2008

You ordered a computer, but it didn't arrive within the expected 7 days. If seven day delivery was a part of the contract - i.e. if you entered into the contract on the clear understanding that the machine would be delivered within seven days of your order, then you are legally entitled to call the contract void, and ask for a full refund.

You didn't do that, though - you spoke to someone on the phone, and he told you that the machine was built, and was being tested. You presumably accepted this information because you agreed to wait for a phone call informing you of a revised delivery date. That call didn't come, and several days have passed. You still have a legal right to cancel the contract - the company has failed to deliver as agreed, and has failed to advise you of a revised delivery date - as was also agreed.

You now say you have doubts about getting the computer or a refund, but you haven't even asked for the refund. Instead you say that you're ploughing ahead and ordering another one from a different company. If you do that you may well end up with two computers, because you've done nothing about stopping the first one. You have no hesitation in making accusations about a con, however, despite the fact that you have absolutely no evidence with which to back up your statement.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?