My Epson Scanner is a bottle of ink!

Cladisporium 14:33 09 Dec 2014

I purchased an Epsom Scanner V550 from Ebuyer (UK) Ltd. They sent me a TK-5135 Toner Kit by mistake, but clearly labelled as a V550 Photo scanner. Ebuyer refuse to change it or reimburse me as I waited for over seven days before complaining. (I was out of the country) The order number is reference 21573549 Please be aware of the ebuyer small print! Mick

hastelloy 16:08 09 Dec 2014

I suggest you send a factual,polite email to Stuart Carlisle, EBuyers managing director - [email protected]

beeuuem 01:18 10 Dec 2014

If you bought using a credit card raise this with the credit card company under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act click here

spuds 11:36 10 Dec 2014

I suppose Ebuyer's stance is that someone took delivery of the item, and by doing so, should have inspected the item for damage or whether it was the correct part.

Having said that, I have found that Ebuyer can either be very good with this type of problem, or can be very insistent the problem lays with the customer.

No point in informing people about small print, because every retailer should have access to their terms and conditions before a sale, and Ebuyer are no different.

Two options have already been provided, so its now up to you, which you choose.

Cladisporium 11:35 15 Dec 2014

The email to Stuart actually worked thanks, and I am now looking at a shiny new scanner. Issue resolved. I paid by debit card so that was no good. It took an awfully long time to sort this out, so again be aware of the small print from ebuyer. If you do not complain within 7 days you will have problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires