Multimedia laptop spec and price help please!

dannyb84 11:41 29 Aug 2015

Hi there! Hoping someone can be good enough to give me some advice. I am.looking out for a new or reconditioned laptop for multimedia content editing..I want to teach myself some new software skills basically.

I am looking for a laptop that I can use to:

Record and Edit short videos for YouTube (not necessarily high res videos..) Dabble in InDesign and Photoshop wizardy Watch films and TV shows online (something the can handle bloody flash1) General Office suite use Web browsing Listening to music

Having looked online it seems that for Indesign and photoshop the minimum spec is: 8GB RAM

1024 x 768 display (1280 x 800 recommended) with 32-bit video card; supports HiDPI display

Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon 64 processor

2 GB of available hard-disk space for 32-bit installation;

In terms of video editing I was thinking not full blown documentary length videos but YouTube work; the sites I have looked on recommend 512-1GB nVidia Quatro or a Geforce graphics card; any thoughts on this place?

So this is the specification (rough) I am looking at; please can you or someone else point me in the right direction?

Where are the best, most reliable places to buy online? Most importantly does anyone have any experience of paying for a laptop on finance?

Any help or advice much appreciated!

Thanks, Dan

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?